Sign in to follow this  
liamob1

Emailing with attachments to a mailto or web client

This topic is 1315 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anybody know a way of directly attaching a file to gmail (via the webclient) using mail to or via the send email functions. We have multiple users that move around the building so setting up outlook for each user is becoming a nightmare. They use iPads so the send mail script function works here, but on a desktop we would like it to force open GMail or use Mailto: and take the attachment with it. I've tried everything i know about mailto and i'm at a dead end. 

I did think about trying to integrate google drive HOWEVER i have no experience with Googles API's. 

This topic is 1315 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 360Works
      Email, Scribe, and FTPeek FileMaker Plugins Have New Updated Versions with Improvements
      Learn about the new updates available and download now!
      Last week we were excited to announce that all of our plugins are compatible with the new FileMaker 19 platform!

This week, we have additional feature enhancements and improvements specific to three of our most popular plugins: 360Works Email, Scribe, and FTPeek.

While these are minor updates, we encourage you to update now for the best experience using each plugin.
      Download new plugin versions and check out the latest improvements using the links below!
      360Works Email Plugin (Version: 3.316) - FileMaker plugin for sending and receiving emails using IMAP, SMTP, or POP, plus adds sending SMS/Text Messages from FileMaker capabilities.
      Added "attachmentsDir" parameter to EmailReadMessages, allowing users to specify a local directory where they want attachments downloaded. Downloaded attachments are now deleted when EmailDisconnect is called. Implemented a fix for some rare DHC issues that were occurring. Improved inline attachments in emails for better downloading. Reworked the "secureconnection" parameter. SecureConnection will now set both ssl and tls to true. However these can be set individually with "ssl=true" or "tls=true". This resolves issues with certain mail servers that require tls, but reject ssl. IMAP servers better retrieve the messageId and better loading of body structure in messages. 360Works Scribe Plugin - (Version: 4.0710) - FileMaker PDF plugin, OCR plugin, Microsoft Word and Excel integration - all in one.
      Improved how keywords are being pulled from PDFs. Improved Windows file-locking, temporary files are now deleted when ScribeDocCancel is called. Better conversion of Excel files to text with merged cells. Improved Textract results downloads for better accuracy. Improved inserting images into Excel documents. 360Works FTPeek Plugin - (Version 2.305) - FileMaker plugin that can upload, download, and manipulate remote files on an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) server.
      Updated FTP libraries, resolving some connection issues. Reworked the Forcetrust parameter on FTPeek_ConnectFTPS. It should now accept most invalid certificates.

Interested in Three or ALL Plugins from 360Works?
      Get the BEST DEAL with the Portfolio Bundle.
          Stay updated with 360Works
    • By peter100
      Hi everyone,
      I'm trying to get attaching files go mails generated using FM17 to work. The idea is to attach a variable file to a mail-message generated for a specific record. The filename for the attachment is specific to the record and I've got a field that generates that filename (fileNamejpg01).

I'm using the send mail option in a script (which is working) and the option to attach a file by giving a file path. That file path looks like this:
      file:../../../Desktop/werkmap/Beeldmateriaal/instagram/$fileNamejpg01 
      The variable part is "$fileNamejpg01" and I'm sure I'm doing something really dumb ... but don't find anything that solves the problem (or that I at least understand).
      Hope someone can help!
      Thanks, Peter
    • By Oyseka
      Good day all, I have a script that collects several reports from different tables and assembles them to email via the following code. How do I clear all the reports after the reports have been sent,(or before the next set of reports are compiled).
      Set Variable [ $Path; Value:Get (TemporaryPath) &"Products Active" & " " & Year ( JobCardItems::DateNextServ )& "-" & Month ( JobCardItems::DateNextServ ) & ".pdf" ]
      Save Records as PDF [ File Name: “$Path”; Create folders:No; Records being browsed ]
      [ Document - ]
      [ Pages - Number Pages From: 1; Include: All pages ]
      [ Security - Printing: High Resolution; Editing: Any except extracting pages; Enable copying; Enable Screen Reader ] [ Initial View - Show: Pages Panel and Page; Page Layout: Single Page; Magnification: 100% ]
      [ Restore; No dialog ]
      Set Variable [ $AttachmentList; Value:If ( IsEmpty ( $AttachmentList ) ; $Path ; $AttachmentList & "¶" & $Path) ]
      I have tried just setting the variable $Path; Value: "" but that did not work
    • By mvoogt
      I have started sending emails using the INSERT FROM URL method shown by soliant here:
      https://www.soliantconsulting.com/blog/html-email-filemaker/
      Emails are being sent out but many recipients seem to be getting my emails sent to their spam folders. I'm curious if this has anything to do with this method of sending emails.
    • By DataCruncher
      HELP!
      This is driving me nuts. 
      Need to send emails with an attachment from server side script. 
      The attachment path calculates correctly, as far as I can tell. Permissions are 777 (I Know...), but the file still does not attach!

This is the variable calculation that yields the path: 
      "/Samsung SSD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/"&$filename

Only problem is: attachments don't attach!
      I have tried every iteration I could think of: 
      "filemac:/Samsung SSD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/"&$filename
      "/$filename"
      "<Documents>/"&$filename
      What am I missing here???

Thank you!! I can't believe I'm the only one who ran into this issue?
  • Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    den.pacca 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.