Denying Access To A Specific Field...

This topic is 8005 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm new at the password thing, so excuse my ignorance...

We are going to be using a consultant to help us automate our invoicing system and we want to protect some information contained in a specific field. Can anyone explain to me how to do this?

I'v tried creating a master password and then a "user" password. When I try to "limit access" to the "user" from seeing this particular field, I somehow end up having <<access denied>> on every single field in the database. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance! smile.gif

Kristine

So you are going to hire a consultant to program Filemaker, but you are expecting to hide information from them?

Do not waste your time, get a non-disclosure agreement that covers this and a consultant that you can trust. You will have much better results, since you will not be able to hide the information from them anyway.

If you want to hide information from users, it is better to have multiple data entry screens, where the sensitive information is present on screens that only authorized users can access. This way most users do not even know that sensitive information exists.

This topic is 8005 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.