ferret

Script for remote container file upload via Web Direct

Hi, 

I wrote a script in FM Pro, which reads a list of files from given directory, searches through a set of records, and uploads each file into a container field of a matching record (the matching occurs by file name = unique record id). The script works great.... in FM Pro.... but not in Web Direct :(  I need your help in finding a solution for Windows system.

Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Stickybeak
      I am exploring accessing my solution through web direct using fmphost.
      solution works fine in server mode.
      however in web direct it says I do not have a sufficiently new version of scribe: I need > 2.15.
      problem is that I’m running 3.08 on my local Mac.
      is this an issue about file locations? Do I need to upload scribe or something?
    • By kims
      I am working on a script that will build a document based on a value from a drop down list.
      I have a layout that contains a Document Subtype. If a certain subtype is selected from the drop down list for this record, then I want my script to be able to pull from a specific container holding the appropriate document for that type. Then I can use Doc Append to combine the two documents. Each document would be custom then to the subtype.
      I'm pretty new at FileMaker so I'm still trying to figure a lot of things out and still trying to understand how to put things together and why it will/will not work.
      I was originally using Case but then I realized that was probably not the correct thing to do. It would either append both types of documents or one, but it wasn't always the correct one.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

If this helps, I want something that will do this:

If Subtype = a, b, or c, then append Doc 1
      If subtype = d, e, or f, then append Doc 2
      and so on...
    • By GisMo
      Somehow java updated (probably by mistake) and it killed web direct. Simply down grading java does not work. I've went as far back and un-installing java and then FMS. Then rebooting and performing a clean install of FMS. FMS 16.04 on windows server 2012 R2
      My hunch is something is wrong with all the site settings in IIS from uninstall and re-install.

I get this error during deployment when trying to use web direct:
      Test web server (http://127.0.0.1:80/fmi-test/test.xml): Error code = 404 What are the complete steps to restore web-direct? Thank you

• By Asu
      Hello FM experts, 
      this is a concept step for a more complex script but I need a script that has 2 independent features:
      1: it selects the field it is attached to as a button
      2: it can be attached to any arbitrary field and it does the same on that field.  
      The imaginary script step would be this:
      Select field [the one I am attached to] The problem I am running into is that "go to field" can not be defined by calculation, while "go to object" gets confusing between the script and the field being grouped, as the problem detailed here [https://www.soliantconsulting.com/blog/story-about-go-to-object] seems to be a complicating factor.

Thanks
      Asu
    • By jcarter
      Hi Guys,
      I've been using CloudMail for a couple of years now to send marketing campaigns for my company. Just recently I have moved to remote hosting with AWS and now my server is offsite I have noticed some performance issues with cloudmail and a few other areas of my solution.
      To address these issues I have started using server-side scripts to perform labour intensive tasks such as creating bulk records (20,000) at one time. This has resulted in excellent performance once again.
      The problem I can't seem to fix is sending my email campaigns using server-side scripts. I have confirmed the plugin is installed etc on the server and with quite a bit of trial and error, I am still unable to send the campaigns.
      Does anyone have a sample script they use, or any advise how I can get this working?
      I appreciate any help and thanks in advance
      Regards,
      Jason

• Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    AlesD 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.