IT_User

File Access Problems when syncing on iOs

I have already posted here:

https://community.filemaker.com/thread/170677

and have some thoughts in mind, but I will copy what I put in there, here.

Avoid FMGo Connection Interrupted

Server Timeout Disconnect

In the attached links, it goes back to questions that I had that dealt with a file on an iOs device, making sure it stays live and up to date.

So what I have done is worked on a local file that syncs to the one on the server.

That seemingly works, however there is a problem that just recently came up when I was testing. When the local file tries to reach the file on the server, it doesn't always connect.

In talking with others there is two consensus of what might be the cause:

• The Wireless access point is blocking access
  • File security permissions are not working (File Access tab in Security)
    • "Reset All" temporarily works (on the server file)
    • Deauthorizing and Authorizing sometimes works (on the server file)
    • Turning off the File Access requirement doesn't seem to help (on the server file)

I do have File Access on the local file, but I haven't tried turning that off.

Since I can't debug exactly what is going on, on the iPad this makes it harder. (I have put in some custom dialogs to see some things.)

The local file with the syncing to the server file works on my desktop, but that is a wired connection. (I could try the same wireless connection.)

It could be that I'm making a duplicate of the local file and putting that on the iPad, which makes the file not work.

(I put on the duplicate file on the iPad newly each time for testing, because I need a file without certain info on it, which will be filled later [dealing with Get(PersistentID)].)

Is there something I'm not thinking of?

To my knowledge, it had been working until recently.

I'll try a few more things, but hopefully get answers in the meantime.

Thank you

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By owangolama
      Hello. Working on my first FMGo solution. I've locked the zoom and turned off the menus so that things aren't crazy bouncing around all the time.
      I have a large detailed graphic in the middle of the layout. I would like the user to be able to zoom and slide that graphic to see more detail and or simply move around the visible portion. Can I use gestures to do this? (Pinch, expand, and finger slide, or whatever that's called.) If so, how would I go about figuring this out (I couldn't find an example anywhere).
      Thanks in advance for any help!
    • By Greg Hains
      Good morning.
      I am getting a status message appear at the bottom of my iPad (that black pop up bar) with my Go solution:  "Old location received. New location requested".
      It's not a problem, doesn't seem to take long to go away, but I've never seen it before - and can't find any reference to it through Google searches.
      My Internet connection from the iPad is fast - it happens both on 4G and through a wireless connection. I can find no consistency as to the cause.

My solution is using CURL functions, so wasn't sure if it was related to that at all - e.g. a message from the host.

Can anybody shed some light on this please?
      Greg

• By Greg Hains
      Good morning.
      Does anybody know how to launch IOS apps from Go please? I am looking to open the calculator.
      Greg 
    • By zonetuke
      My primary Filemaker 16 database connects to 4 other tables located in their respective Filemaker databases. I wish to prevent these connections from occurring when using the primary Filemaker database in Filemaker Go in iOS but allow the connections when using on a computer desktop, both Mac and Win. The reason I wish to disable these connections in iOS is that I always see prompts to locate the databases and it wastes my time to locate each one and connect it. Any way to accomplish this?
    • By Paul Hunt
      I run a small, one-person business and would like to find a hosting solution for a few small, low-use databases. Mostly I just enter some customer charges and lookup passwords, at most three times a day. The cheapest I have found is $29/month and that is more than it is worth to me. Is there any solution out there for around $10/month?

Thanks,
      Paul
  • Who Viewed the Topic

2 members have viewed this topic:
    Ed@  Terrible Toll 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.