pcognetti

Webdirect, Web Viewer and Firefox

Sorry for my poor english :(

I made an application in FM15 that is used on the Web
The application shows some HTML paginated data and then print with the print command of the browser used.
I have no problem with Safari and Chrome, while Firefox will not let me see the contents of the Web Viewer.
In the web viewer content is so:

"Data: text / html,
<Html>
<Head>
</ Html>
"

Firefox in the web viewer frame does not see anything
if I open the source of the frame it makes me see the HTML text content but it does not render HTML

Some idea?

Paolo Cognetti

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Stickybeak
      I am investigating moving my database to web direct. To do so I need to get scribe working on fmphost.
      I have added a script step to register the plugin - which works fine in self hosted or fmphosted but I still get an error telling me that I need to install the plugin when I try to run it in webdirect.

I have be speaking with fmphost who reported "It turns out the Scribe plugin also needed to be enabled in the FileMaker Server Admin Console. We have enabled the plugin, so it should be working now.".
      I am wondering if my license wont work with web direct. My license is described as "360Works Scribe 2.15 / Upgrade from Single User License to Scribe Workgroup License (Upgrade)".
      Any ideas?
    • By lutfishah
      Dear All,
      I'm struggling with the "open url" script step where I am trying to switch between a FileMaker (v17) database in web direct to another website. But rather than opening the web page in the same tab it opens up a new tab. Is there any way to open a web site in a browser in the same tab when using Open URL script step.
      Many thanks for your help
    • By siroos12
      Hi all,

I have a solution running on WebDirect. Each record stores a url that needs to be opened in Internet Explorer only and not other browsers. I know that I can call that url and it will open it in users default web browser. Is there any way of opening it in Internet explorer, no matter what is the default browser?

Regards,
    • By Ponderosa
      So I created a solution in Filemaker Pro and its appearance looks great.... until I open it in WebDirect on a web browser. Fields are cut off at the bottom, styles like Condense condense wrong, and rectangle boxes don't show at their full size. Also, the padding spacing on radio buttons is completely ignored.
      I've tried three different browsers: Safari, Firefox, and Google Chrome, and all show the exact same results. The only way I am even remotely able to change the appearance for the WebDirect browser page is by scrubbing out all the style changes (mostly Condense) and that still only changes about 20% of the inconsistencies.
      Thank you for any help.

• By Jim Gill
      I just moved my solution from Server 15 to 16.03 and everything went smoothly except on small issue.  
      My solution has a WebDirect file that users login from the web.  The URL on my site is supposed to take the directly to the login screen but since the upgrade drops them directry on the WebDirect Home Screen.  Am I missing something?  Did something change in Server 16?  This worked flawlessly in 15
      Here is the link:
      https://fcserver.fernwoodcove.com/fmi/webd#FC_Databases
      Thank you in advance!
      Jim
  • Who Viewed the Topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.