Attachment files sometimes get corrupted

This topic is 2554 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there any known issue of email attachments getting corrupted after being sent using the Email plugin?  Especially when using an externally stored container field?  It doesn't happen with all files or specific file types - there is no pattern to it, except when I change the container attribute to be locally stored instead of external, the attachment(s) are received A-OK.

I'm using the v2.17 Email plugin, attaching using the EmailAttachFile ( container field ) function.  The attachment and send functions are returning a positive result.  I receive the email with the correct body, subject, etc.  The attachment(s) are there, but when I try to open them/it, the OS states that the file is corrupted and can't be opened.  

Is there something I overlooked, or is this a known issue that I somehow overlooked?

Hi BrentHedden,

I have not seen this reported before. Does it only happen with externally stored container fields? Are you sending to the same domain? Have you seen it happen across different domains? Does it happen with different mail clients? Different OS?

As far as I can tell, it only happens when the container is stored externally.  I had the IT personnel who maintains the SMTP server check the email(s) that went through it, and he mentioned that the attachments were corrupted when the email reached that server.

For the most part, it's one domain that we're dealing with.  The attachment is bad regardless of the client or OS, since it got corrupted before it hit the mail server.  

So far, this has been an isolated incident, as other parts of our system that is using the plugin are working just fine.  I'm not going to raise an alarm yet, as I'm unable to replicate the issue from scratch.  I'll inform you guys again if I notice this issue again.

This topic is 2554 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.