William Slim

Macbook Dev server 'connection failed' (14 or 15)

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with my Macbook air seeing 'Connection Failed' for only one dev server, despite other devices being able to see it. Setup as follows:

Macbook Air: FM 14 & 15 - able to see 2 AWS dev servers + 1 client server (via vpn) - Personal AWS Dev server = CONNECTION FAILED

Windows 7: FM 14 & 15 - able to see all of the above, no issues

Ipad 3: FM Go 14 & 15 - able to see all of the above, no issues

---------------------------------------------------

The Mac OS is Sierra and the Dev server it won't connect to is now running FMS 15 (upgrade from 14 though this didn't fix the issue). I've spent hours looking through forums etc and have tried deleting the PEM files in the 14 install but to no avail.

I'm stumped! Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Lee

Update - I've tested from two new devices:

1. additional iPad (FM GO 15) over my mobile Wifi network - FAIL

2. New Windows2 machine* (same network as Windows1 - FM15) - FAIL

*the original Windows machine (same network) still connects fine.

I should add that this server is the limited Dev server obtained via the FM community membership. It should accept up to 3 FM client connections & 1 Webdirect / FM Go but I've closed all when testing to be sure.

Edited by Leelike
Additional info

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By 123
      Hey,
      I want to use the same header on all my layouts in FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced but I can't seem to find a way to accomplish it. I read on Google and other forums that there is no way to do it, however the posts I found are all at least a year or two old. Did they add a way to do it in FileMaker 15 or do I still need to duplicate a layout to get the same header on a different one?
      Thanks in advance,
      Mike
    • By troi
      Troi Automatisering releases Troi Serial Plug-in 4.5.1 for FileMaker Pro 15

March 2, 2017, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands--Troi Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi Serial Plug-in 4.5.1 for FileMaker Pro 15.

What is Troi Serial Plug-in?

Troi Serial Plug-in gives FileMaker Pro easy and powerful access to external devices with a serial interface:
      - Read from and write to the (virtual) serial ports of the computer directly from FileMaker Pro without the need of a separate application.
      - Native FileMaker script triggering, to get incoming data into the database.
      - "Serial_Control" function to temporarily suspend the incoming data stream and resume it when you are interested in the data.
      - "Wait for Match" function to wait for a specific text before triggering.
      - The possibility to open an unlimited number of serial ports and to trigger different scripts for different ports.

Easy integration of weighing scales with FileMaker

Our customer Claus Lavendt of DataManix.com made a video demonstrating how to connect FileMaker Pro to a weighing scale. The video shows how you can automatically store the readings from a weighing scale in your FileMaker database with the help of Troi Serial Plug-in. "This plugin is great and very stable", Claus said. You can watch his video here: http://thebrainbasket.com/?p=517

What is new in version 4.5.1?

Version 4.5.1 is a maintenance update. In this version we fixed a bug in the Serial_Receive function, where in some cases not all data would be returned directly. We also updated the code in several places to make the plug-in more robust and made several small improvements to the example files.

More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Serial Plug-in 4.5.1 and earlier can be found at: www.troi.com/software/serialhistory.html.

Pricing & Availability

A fully functional demo version of Troi Serial Plug-in 4.5.1 is available for downloading at Troi's web site at: www.troi.com/software/serialplugin.html.

Troi Serial Plug-in 4.5.1 works with FileMaker Pro 12 to 15. The plug-in also works with FileMaker Server 12 to 15 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine and WebDirect. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.6 to 10.12 and for Windows 7 to 10.

A cross platform developer license costs US$ 999. Details can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.

Upgrade information

Upgrading to version 4.5.1 is free and recommended for all users of version 4.5: version 4.5.1 works with the same registration as the 4.5 version. Users who bought a license for Troi Serial Plug-in on or after May 12, 2015 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 4.5.1. Eligible users have been sent a new 4.5 registration. Contact us if you have not received yours. 

Upgrades from a cross platform developer license bought before May 12, 2015 are available from US$ 499. You can order upgrades from our web site.

Contact information  

D. Budding
      Troi Automatisering

Newsroom: www.troi.com/news/
    • By troi
      Troi Automatisering releases Troi File Plug-in 8.6.1 for FileMaker Pro 15

Updated file management plug-in for FileMaker Pro 15 improves UnZIP, Metadata and several other functions.

Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands, 23 January, 2017--Troi Automatisering today announced the immediate availability of Troi File Plug-in 8.6.1 for FileMaker Pro 15.

What is new in version 8.6.1?

Version 8.6.1 is a maintenance update of our plug-in for manipulating external files and folders directly from FileMaker Pro. In this version we improved the handling on Windows of certain ZIP files with the TrFile_UnZIP function. This version also improves parsing newer PDF versions, like PDF 1.7 with the TrFile_MetaData( "-GetPDFDescription") function. On MacOS X the TrFile_MetaData( "-GetMovieDescription") function now returns timecode data for movies. Several other functions were improved as well and we fixed some potential problems with the DragAndDrop function on macOS X.

More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi File Plug-in 8.6.1 and earlier can be found at: http://www.troi.com/software/filehistory.html

Pricing & Availability

A fully functional demo version of Troi File Plug-in 8.6.1 is available for downloading at Troi's Web site at: http://www.troi.com/software/fileplugin.html

Licenses cost US$ 99 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.

Upgrading to version 8.6.1 is free and recommended for all users of version 8.5 and 8.6: version 8.6.1 works with the same registration as the 8.5 version. Users who bought a license for Troi File Plug-in on or after November 1st, 2015 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 8.6.1. Eligible users have been sent a new 8.5 registration. Contact us if you have not received yours. 

Upgrades from licenses bought before November 1st, 2015, are available from US$ 59 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.

Contact information  

D. Budding
      Troi Automatisering

Newsroom: http://www.troi.com/news/

• By Marcwa19197
      Hi,

we are using a little sync script via php, which allows us to store all data from a FileMaker DB into our internal MySQL-Database. 
      The only problem iam unable to solve is how to download images from container fields and store them local on our web server. 

I tried something like:

foreach($recordsPersons as $recordPersonsData) { //saving images to /srv/www/htdocs/ $url_orig = urlencode($recordPersonsData->getField('FotoDatei')); // Search for the extension of the file $url = substr($url_orig, 0, strpos($url_orig, "?")); $url = substr($url_orig, strrpos($url_orig, ".") + 1); // Send the correct Content-Type header if($url == "jpg"){ header('Content-type: image/jpeg'); } else if($url == "gif"){ header('Content-type: image/gif'); } else{ header('Content-type: application/octet-stream'); } // save file local. file_put_contents('/srv/www/htdocs/testfilepicture.jpg', $fm->getContainerData($url_orig)); } I was using this reference: http://blog.myfmbutler.com/?p=104

This Code-Snipped works well, but only writes "getContainerData() does not support remote containers" into testfilepicture.jpg..

We are using FileMaker Server 14.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance and Cheers
    • By charlie12342
      FileMaker 15.0.2 file path is not available with Command-click on header of database view in browse mode.
      Running OSX 10.11.3.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.