For Mobile Containers To Sync

This topic is 2554 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My use case is such that mobile users need some records that have containers. The hub has containers stored externally. 

Deploying to the mobile device breaks the container. Triggering the Server side record will 'refresh' the mobile container and display its contents (after a sync)

Can I force a table (or found set) to sync from the server to the mobile device WITHOUT forcing those images to download to all the other mobile devices?.

Each iPad will have its own set of records. What are some options here? Am I forced to tickle the containers server side forcing a download or any device that would normally download them?

Is there a way to force a download of just this one table and not affect the others? or the modTimeStamp?

cheers

Thanks Jesse, But I was really not looking to have manual intervention of the file each deployment. I would ideally like to just refresh the broken links of the records I have.

Is modifying the hosted image TS's the only way to force a record to sync?

Yes. Unfortunately, there is no automated way to combine the external files into a single database, and FileMaker Go does not have the capability to deal with FileMaker databases separate from the container fields.

Hmm, so does it fall over to  an internal storage? refreshing a broken container and syncing allows the container contents to render again.

Likewise, adding a new photo to a container syncs correctly, so it would seem that I just need to refresh the broken set that are on the mobile device ... ?

When we write container data to FileMaker Go during an insert or update operation, it will store it internally (ignoring the external container storage). I don't think there is a way to get it to recognize a separate folder of files. I don't think you can even upload a separate folder of files to iOS.

ok. not a separate folder as such, just the found set I have selected for this particular user.

So its looking like I have to modify the found set at the beginning of sync (before a search is conducted) so they show up. (This would only happen on the very first sync. post download) of if I hooked in as the table was about to sync and explnaded the found set to include the ones that would normally be broken.

Edited by Charles Delfs

This topic is 2554 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.