Gnurps

Cannot activate FTPeek on FMS

Gnurps    0

On two Filemaker Server machines I manage, I cannot get FTPeek to activate. After checking the checkbox, a grey message appears appears stating that the plugin was enabled, but the checkbox is unchecked. 

I have checked the permissions of the plugins. Both owned by fmserver and group fmsadmin. I have restarted the machines. I have tried Wim's suggestion of installing with server-side script. Both have Java 1.6 installed. Both have the BaseElements plugin installed and successfully enabled.

Both are running FMS 14.04. One is a Mac mini running Yosemite, with  Core 2 Duo processor and 8gb. Other is a Mac mini running El Capitan with Core 2 Duo and 4gb. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mvoogt
      I'm thinking of redoing my fm server and upgrading to 16. My users experence a lot of slow down when remote users are connected or when multiple users are in the same layout/table doing data entry. 
      Im hoping setting up a raid 1+0 might solve this. I have a Mac Pro trash can server with 16gb ram. Right now server and the database are stored on the same single ssd.
      should I keep the server app installed on the internal ssd and move the database file to a thunderbolt raid? Is that how I get the most benefit?
      can anyone recommend a great raid controller or point me to a setup recommendation?
    • By Keawe
      Hello,
      I installed supercontainer on my Windows server at aws Amazon. I also installed the companion plug-in. It shows up on Filemaker Pro no problem. But it doesn't show on webdirect. Any idea?
      Here is my configuration:
      - FMS 15, Windows 2016 server. 
      - SuperContainer 2.94, build 9234.
      - I have the companion plugin put inside "..\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing-engine\cwpc\Plugins".
      - The plug-in I use is "SuperContainer_Companion_Plugin.fmx64".
      Thanks.
      P.S.: I will send an email to 360works. But just want to post it here so we can all share the solution. Thanks.
    • By animation_master
      FileMaker Pro 15 Launch Center connects to our AWS instance with no problem. But then it reports
      No files are currently hosted on AWS instancename.
      Well, there ARE files currently hosted. We access them via WebDirect, so they must be hosted.
      Moreover, when we launch a local copy of the file, FileMaker offers to open the remote copy with
      This file has previously been uploaded to FileMaker Server. Use Hosted Version?
      It even displays the proper address for the hosted file.
      However Use Hosted Version returns this error:
      The file “filename.fmp12“ could not be opened. (Extended privilege disabled)
      So, we created a privilege set that extended privileges for fmwebdirect, fmapp and fmxdbc.
      On the next launch of Remote Version, we got this:
      FileMaker cannot share a file because FileMaker network sharing is turned off.
      So, we turned on ODBC sharing, and on the next launch, we got this:
      FileMaker cannot share files because another user is already sharing files using FileMaker Pro on this computer.
      I’m going in circles here. Are these errors related? What am I doing wrong?
    • By JeromeMaeckelbergh
      I am working already a few months on my file "DTW-new.fmp12" via the FM-server 15 on my MacBook Pro without problem and suddenly today this file can't be found anymore, although it is still on the server. But it shows that the status is "Closed", so I probably should change this to "Normal" or something else. Sorry for my ignorance, but I can't figure out how to do this. I tried with "open" and "open all", but this doesn't help me.
      Thanks for any help,
      Jerome

• By Bailey Kessing
      I am running a server script periodically (every hour lets say) which does some database maintenance, uploads some files, etc. I do this on a number of Filemaker Servers (latest server version running on Windows machines) without problems…except for one server. On this server I use scriptmaster to up load some large files into containers as they are generated from scientific instruments. The problem is that the server runs seems to run out of RAM memory after a "few" days. I think this is the only thing that this server does differently than the other 4 servers and feel that this is the problem. My question is…is there a way to "flush" memory used by the plugin or by the FM server. Has anyone else experienced something similar or am I barking up the wrong tree? Thanks. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.