My experience with 5.03

This topic is 2517 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am running SM in Windows 10 using FM 16 Advanced.

Like a lot of posters on this forum I had the <unknown> error; plus others.

The solution to that problem is to open the SM .fmp12 file, locate the function and copy the code.
Then, I went into my functions and located the same function (looked the same to me), deleted the existing
code and repasted.  It worked!  Why?  I have no idea.

However, this plugin function will not work in runtime.  FMaker has depricated runtime so it is, at this point, unsupported.
SMaster is doing their best to see what the problem is but they can't call FMAKER so their efforts are limited.

Note this:  In the runtime, if I remove the plugin from the Extensions folder, my app runs normally and as expected.
If I paste a copy of the plugin into the Extensions folder, the app will not start; it hangs.  grrrrr

So, there is my 2 cents....

• Newbies

Hi,

I've got the same problem with my runtime ( Mac OS Sierra, FMPA 16 and 14). The Scriptmaster plug-in ( v 5,04) failed to initialize.

However, I have another plug-in witch initialize without any problem.

SMaster is doing their best to see what the problem is but they can't call FMAKER so their efforts are limited

Are u really sure that they're aware of the problem ?. Because i'll have to translate my self made java functions in Filemaker vocabulary and it'll be difficult for me i'm far better in java than in Filemaker !!

Philippe

Here is what I have discovered so far:

Part of the problem is that Apple has removed the Gatekeeper option "Anywhere" in OSX v 10.12.5.  

If you want it back, open Terminal and type:

GatekeeperHack.png.16fc0a3228516d4612ec85a6f12c697d.png

• Newbies

Thanx John and Ron for helping me.

John : i'm glad runtimes with scriptmaster works on your computer, did u sign it with your apple id developper and did they work even after download  ?

ron : I'll test that but for me it's not a solution because i want my app to be downloaded on the web and so i've sign it with my id developper and sign the dmg ( with dmg canvas). So there is no warning when the user download the file and install it, all work but scriptmaster. If your solution work, it means that i've not correctly sign my app.

For the moment i test, if it works, i will create my own plug-in with scriptmaster advanced but i don't see any porcedure to sign it (if needed).

thanx to both of you and sorry for my bad english B)

Philippe

This topic is 2517 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.