FM shutting down on iPad when using MirrorSync

This topic is 2479 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Hey Jesse, sorry was out of town right after I posted this.  Here is the situation.

We use FM Go and have a FM layout that creates a new inventory item in the database and allows us to take a picture of the item.  What I mean by "kicked out" is that FM will close completely on the iPad with no error message.  The crew must then re-log into FMGo  to resume the inventory.  The weird part is that when FM closes, it seems to have lost the last 5 - 7 items that were entered before the closure.  

Ex: while taking the picture of item # 47, FM Go closes.  When we relog into FM Go the last item we can see is item #42.  The items 43, 44, 45, 46 and 47 are not in the database.  Which seems like the error happened back on #42 but didnt cause the "crash" until several minutes later when we happen to be on item #47.   And it always happens when the camera is active and we are trying to take a picture.

Any idea?

If this happens when you are not running a sync, then you need to contact FileMaker technical support.

I've seen the same behavior that you're describing, where the last few records and changes are lost when the FMGo application unexpectedly quits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Had a customer of mine talk to Filemaker about this. They claim it is an issue between IOS and Filemaker, and the fix has to be on Apple's (IOS) side.

Somewhere in a forum I read of an engineering firm that was having the exact same issues with photos. Their workaround was to close and reopen FM GO before taking 50 photos. I'm thinking of making a script that counts photos and when some manageable number less than 50 is reached, have FM Go close, open and re-login.

This topic is 2479 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.