Is sync direction on a per field basis possible?

This topic is 2521 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've got a solution that has about 280 GB of externally stored container files.  As such, I want container fields to sync only one direction (client->server) but everything else I'd like bi-directional.  Do I need to make two routines to accomplish this?  One bi-directional routine that utilizes layouts with all but container fields.  A second one-way routine that utilizes layouts with the containers?  Is there an easier way to accomplish this?  Thanks!

-JC

No, MirrorSync does not support different sync directions on a per-field basis. I would recommend splitting the container data into a separate table, for two reasons:

1) You can set sync directions on a per-table basis, so this would solve your problem.

2) Because container data takes longer to sync than other data, you only want to sync it when a container field is actually modified. Combining the container data with non-container data in the same table will result in the container data being synced when any field in the same table, even non-container data, is modified. By isolating the container data into its own table, it will only be synced when the container data itself is modified.

This topic is 2521 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.