Command Line DB Integrity Scanner?

This topic is 2464 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Anyone know of a way to scan the integrity of an fmp12 file from the command line so it can be automated with each backup from FM server?  Best practice is to test your backups occasionally but to scan them with every backup would be best.  I recently ran into a situation where one of our main FM databases went corrupt (and would not recover) while online (no power outage, no service restart, nothing I can point to as to why it occurred).  I was able to go back to the previous day's 5pm hourly backup and get a healthy copy so the data loss was minimal (about 3 hours of business time). 

The backups for the current day (3 hourly backups worth before I caught it) were also corrupt.  If I hadn't caught it, the backup system would have pushed out valuable data as it timed out old hourly's.  I could have gone to the offline backup but that's time consuming in a large environment especially if you don't know the break point of when an unrecoverable corruption occurred.

So now I'm looking for a way to make sure data loss is always as minimal as possible.

Thanks

David

P.S. This is FM16.

This topic is 2464 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.