Replace Field Contents alternative

This topic is 2481 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The Replace Field Conents script step is limited in FMP GO in that the "Perform with Dialog" function is disabled, so how can a user replace the field contents of a field without having access to it?

Also, is there a script step in FMP GO I can use that will "click" the round icon in the bottom-center of the screen ("the cockpit of a TIE Fighter") to bring up the record counter?

As always, thank in advance for your help!

Why not in the script grab the value, or with Custom Dialog and Input fields, obtain the contents into a variable, and use replace field contents with the variable. Another option would be a loop script, but that may be a bit slow. 

For part 2, maybe make your own record counter. 

Hi, Steve:

I thought of that but the problem is that the Go solution is for general public use--users would have a troublesome time navigating through the scores (or hundreds) of field names in a table to pick out the one they need; it would be best if users didn't have to do that.

I thought of using a script trigger so whenever a field is "clicked" its name and contents are stored into global fields but the problem still remains: how to focus FIleMaker on a specific field for replacing its contents.

This topic is 2481 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.