Create checklist

This topic is 2442 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I hope Iv come to the right place.

Im hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to make a solution where different warehouses have different types of equipment. What I want to do is for each site to create a list of equipment on site. Then create a checklist which will be done weekly for each of the equipment.

For example one site may have: forklift, sweeper, trolley jack 1, trolley jack 2 etc.

Once the list is created, create a check list for the list of equipment. The check list can be as simple as: Ok, N/A, Issue.

Once the checklist is completed, I need to be able to create another checklist with the same equipment list.

I hope this makes sense. If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

26 minutes ago, RMorehu said:

I hope this makes sense.

I am afraid not. You have posted this under Interface Design, but it looks to me like a question about database structure. Based on the parts that I did understand, I would say that you need to have a Sites table and an Equipment table, related by SiteID. Possibly a third table for types of equipment.

Then - I would think - comes a table of Issues, which would be linked to Equipment by Equipment ID:

Sites -< Equipment -< Issues

This is based on the assumption then whenever a piece of equipment develops an issue, a record in the Issues table would be created. Once the issue has been solved, the record would closed (e.g by entering a date into a ClosedDate field). But this doesn't fit your description of preparing a weekly checklist, or having a N/A value (indicating what?). 

• Newbies

Thank so much for the reply. The N/A was just an option. That's pretty much how I have my tables set.

The problem I'm having is recreating the checklist for the same equipment.

i will move the thread to design structure. Thanks.

2 hours ago, RMorehu said:

That's pretty much how I have my tables set.

The problem I'm having is recreating the checklist for the same equipment.

Okay, then please explain what exactly do you mean by a "checklist", what is it used for and why is it necessary to recreate it periodically. Usually you create something in a database only when something new was created in real life. A mere passage of time is not a good reason to make any changes.

2 hours ago, RMorehu said:

i will move the thread to design structure..

Please leave that to the forum moderators.

This topic is 2442 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.