Custom plugin won't load in Filemaker Server 12

This topic is 2417 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hey guys,

One of my client's is still using Filemaker Server 12 on Windows 2012 R2. We've used ScriptMaster frequently in the past, but I'm transitioning to custom plugins to gain performance improvements here and there. Unfortunately, my custom plugin won't load. It doesn't seem that Server gives a good log entry on why it failed. I do see that it created the 360Works directory containing Java under ProgramData, but it seemed to fail loading right after that point.

Restarting the server made no difference. I am, however, wondering if a potential conflict exists if I have both a custom plugin and ScriptMaster installed on a server. Is that possible? Any other ideas?

I'm currently using ScriptMaster 5.05 and Filemaker Advanced 16 to generate the plugin.

Edited by DavidSilverthornCodes

Hi DavidSilverthornCodes

Did you generate this custom plugin on the same machine that it is not loading on? If not, It looks like the JRE that gets downloaded is not unzipping or the download is not completing for some reason. Please follow the instructions here to manually install the JRE. 

I have seen in the past where running ScriptMaster and custom plugins at the same time causes issues. I recommend that you put any ScriptMaster functions that you may be registering into a custom plugin (what you may already be doing) and remove ScriptMaster from FMS.

If you continue to have issues, please email [email protected] so that we can create an official support case and resolve the issue.

This topic is 2417 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.