FMP 11 Advanced Won't Launch

This topic is 2416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Out of the blue, I can no longer launch my FMP 11 Advaced file.

When I try to open the program I encounter a message that states:

"This application has been installed incorrectly or modified by another program. Please run the installer to get a fresh copy of the application after determining the cause."

I have tried a number of things, including reinstalling FMP, deleting my cache folder, and starting the Mac in Safe mode. All to no avail. The only change in my Mac is upgrading from OS 10 to OS 12.

Can anyone give me a clue about this? Where do I start troubleshooting this problem?

The message "installed Incorrectly" happened to me when I drag a backup copy of Version 14 to my hard drive.

The message I got was very unclear, but included "Installed incorrectly" in its verbiage. I was able to get to the bottom of what the message was trying to tell me, only by contacting FileMaker's Support. The problem ended up being the upgrade paths of FileMaker and how they each rely on the previous version to be able to upgrade serial numbers.

In other words, it requires you to have Version 10 installed to be able to put your serial number in for version 11, and version installed 11 put your serial number in version 12, etc..

If I were you, I would contact FileMaker's support and asked them for help, otherwise you could be spinning your wheels.

Maybe somebody else has another suggestion.

Lee

This topic is 2416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.