Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Windows 10 & FMPA 16 - freezing or non responsive when opening a file on server

This topic is 2358 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

**This is a fairly esoteric type of question, so I expect not many answers.  Even if you have an idea of what to try, I'm all ears.

Has anyone else run into issues with Windows 10 and FileMaker Pro 16.03 accessing a file on a FMS16.03 server?  Sometimes the user's computer will freeze to the point of not responding at all, leaving the user no choice but to hard reboot.  Othertimes the RAM or Hard Drive usage will ramp up to 100% and stay there, with the blue circle just chugging away with no end in sight.  

All of the computer exceed the recommended hardware, and the network ping is less than 1ms to the server.  There are three plugins that are being used (SQL Runner, 360Works Scribe, Base Elements) On a testbed I can recreate the issue, but no matter what combination of plugin(s) I remove or install, the problem remains.  The solution this is for depends on these plugins, so simply removing them isn't a solution.  But I can't pin it down to just one, and that might not even be the root of the problem.  I've still yet to revert back to previous version(s) of the plugins.

Any ideas, suggestions, or otherwise will be greatly appreciated!

Have several systems running on Windows 10 as klient, Windows 2008R2 as server using those plugins (BE & ScriptMaster) with NO problems for a really long time...But the newest version of ScriptMaster has NOT been stable and would freeze the klient at random times... We have succesfully unloaded ScriptMaster and re-established stability using only BE at this time - hope it helps !

This topic is 2358 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.