Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Scripting import of records to another database

This topic is 2342 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all, I have a requirement to reduce the size of a database by removing records from the work system and importing them into an offline archive system but don't know how to automate the scripting between the files.

Database 1 is a work system where, among other things, service records are created during a service and any problems found during the service are annotated and photographed on mobile devices. At the end of the service a summary report of all actions carried out and any problems that require the customers attention is produced, signed by the customer and emailed to them.

With about 450-600 photographs taken each month the file size will ballon very quickly so I have created a new database which is a duplicate of the photos file which contains all the required information to link to both a customer, particular service and operator and I want to find records in the work database which are over a certain number of days old, open the external file and import those records then return to the work file and delete the found set.

This topic is 2342 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.