Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Help syncing FMServer --> SQL Server

This topic is 2323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I'm planning to use MirrorSync to sync my FM Webdirect database to a SQL Server, one-way sync. Basically, this is for reporting purposes. But in all of the 360 Works help docs, I don't see even one guide/screenshot/anything on how to setup the SQL Server. What information is required, how does MirrorSync authenticate to SQL Server, what specific permissions does it need, etc...  nothing at all.

Has anyone done this who can provide some information? I work for a large organization and need to know how to setup this SQL Server before jumping into configuration. (Primarily authentication, we prefer windows authentication so will MirrorSync connect to SQL Server as the windows service account that is running the FM Server? Or does it need a SQL account? And what permissions are required?)

Thank you! And 360 Works, please add this to your help docs!!
Andrew

You should refer to the Microsoft Sequel Server JDBC driver documentation for details on this. We are using version MS-SQL-4.2.6420.100 of the JDBC driver. This does support integrated authentication.

If you can connect with any other JDBC client application, you'll be able to connect with MirrorSync.

This topic is 2323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.