Files are not opening from another server

Genelia

This topic is 2292 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi To All,

Recently i have installed filemaker server 16 . We are opening our files thriugh citrix. Now we are getting problem with files of another server 16.

I have installed 2 filemaker servers . lets giving exaple

Server A file names are X, Y ,Z

Serevr B file names are P,Q,R

now problem is ..on my server A  on file X , i am using FILE Q (which is on server B).. now all the related things of file Q is not showing data. for a solution. I have put OPEN FILE Q script step at initial of opening of FILE X. ..............BUT it is not opening file and not showing data.

BUt if i am opening file Q individually through remote or just put button on file X for open file Q. it is working. but internally  without these i want to open file Q internally  so that related data show on file X

Please give suggestion/solutions..

Hi,

Surprisingly when i put button on application and call that open file script..it is opening

but when i am opening( putting open script step withing onopen script while open app) that script internally , within  it is not working 

1 hour ago, bcooney said:

I do not believe that you can use another FMS' files as external data sources.

No, it was working with filemaker 14 and it should be working as we have loys of application which are hosted on theor own server and these application share their data with each other.

Hi,

Surprisingly when i put button on application and call that open file script..it is opening

but when i am opening( putting open script step withing onopen script while open app) that script internally , within  it is not working 

Oh thats very bad security implemented in FM 16. Because usually lots of applications run on different servers and we mutually share information in different apps.

This is drawback of FM 16  i must say. they should remove that security. Definitely they have to do give this feature again "two differents server's database should be talk to each other"  :(

I will have to again go back to FMS 14  :(

A file hosted by one FileMaker Server can read a file hosted on a second FileMaker Server provided that External File References in the first file are properly defined, that correct ports are open on the second server, and that permissions allow the connection.

Not sure what the issue here is, but check those items first.

Steven H. Blackwell

Platinum Member Emeritus, FIleMaker Business Alliance

• Thanks 1

This topic is 2292 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.