FileMaker Courses - What's Needed

Sandra

This topic is 2283 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, 

I am looking for some advice and opinions on the process of learning FileMaker overall. I have a few end targets I am reaching for and would like to know the best method to get there and any recommended courses/classes or steps to take. 

I am experienced with FileMaker on daily use - client version and I have taken a beginner course with Avantix Learning. I would like to get to the point where I can go into the development and scripting. I found an option that gave me the FileMaker program and an advance version with a full course guide and the certificate at the end of the program. I can't seem to find this option again. Do you happen to know what its called or have any course suggestions on how to get to the point i'm looking for?

We currently have script on script overlays that were put in place to fix/change our database.  I will eventually need to clean up the backend of the database. 

I appreciate any opinions you have!

Thank you :)

Hi Sandra and welcome to the FM Forums,

Depending on what type of questions you have about work in FileMaker, there are several sites that offer training.

I'm currently following a free course by Matt Petrowsky, at ISO FileMaker Magazine  called "The Scriptology Mastery Course for FileMaker Learners."  You can sign up for it at his site or on YouTube.

Each Video Lesson takes anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes, but expect to spend more than that sometimes because, you will probably want to watch some videos more than once.  

Matt has Covered the FileMaker Environment , Fields and Calculations,  Data Structure Schema and now into Layout Mode & Design.

BTW, I did I mentioned that it is a FREE course to anyone wanting to increase, or hone their FileMaker Pro Skills.

One caveat though, you don't have to have FileMaker Pro Advance, but it will be beneficial to you if you do, as he refers and uses it all of the time.

Other sites include,

Lynda.com

Database Pros

FileMaker Magazine

Seed Code

Skeleton Key

Learning FileMaker Pro

There are more, but I'm running out of space. :)

HTH

Lee

• Thanks 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.