Container field storage and permissions

naio

This topic is 2280 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I use a local solution database with layouts and scripts only and data files are hosted in FMS16 under OSX.

I've created a container field on one of the hosted database tables, the storage settings are set to "Store container data externally" and "Open storage".

From the solution file, with my full privileged admin account, I can right-click on the container field, select "Import file" and select the file to be imported. Everything works as expected, when I'm done I can see on the server folder that the file I've uploaded is there.

However under a user privilege set, it is not possible to "Import file", when right clicking I just get Cut, Copy and Paste.

How can I allow my users to import files? On the hosted database file, the 'user' privilege set allows them to create, edit and delete records in all the tables but they have no access to layouts (because these are hosted layouts they do not need to access).

Edited by naio

I've found the solution besides the privilege set: the problem was the custom menu set, I had disabled the whole 'Insert' menu, so the command 'Insert file' wasn't available neither in the contextual menu.

So it wasn't about permissions

This topic is 2280 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.