Database crashes on startup on one install only for all users

This topic is 2235 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Scenario:

I login about once a week. Yesterday upon starting up, I was able to open Filemaker Pro Advanced 13 on I think Mac OS updated last year, (just last night updated to the most recent OS for iMac hoping that would fix the issue I describe in the next sentence) From the FM database launch screen I opened my database. The startup script began, the database window opened showing the initial layout, and as part of the script a popup window opened telling me I was logged in as an admin. Once I clicked ok (or cancel) the database and desktop program quit and I get a report/ reopen message.

Second test:

I tried logging in as different users to the same database, on the same Mac, all failed.

Third test:

I tried logging into different databases from the same machine. These Passed.

Fourth test:

I tried logging in to the problematic database from another machine running filmmaker desktop (also pro I think but on an iMac running a windows OS). This test passed.

Fifth test:

Because it is specific to this machine, I updated the OS last night and tried to shut down any other programs that might be interfering with FM Pro. Test failed. 

Conclusion:

The crash is restricted to a single database on a single install of Filemaker for all associated accounts on that database only.

I don't recall making any changes to the database recently that would affect this, and if I had, wouldn't it crash on other computers as well? Below is the error message:

Thanks

Mike

crash.txt

Edited by Ocean West
brevity & crash report.

• Newbies

Resolved. I downloaded a trial version of FM16 and opened the database. Then without making changes to it or closing the db in 16, opened the same database in the original FM13 and it opened just fine. There is something wrong behind the scenes of the FM 13 software I assume. But for now unfortunately I guess the fix is to update to 16. 

This topic is 2235 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.