Manage Database window browsing fields

This topic is 2254 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello

I started working on a new client which has already FileMaker15. I am used with FM11 from years now.

One thing I found strange, was the browsing of the fields on manage database window. On FM11 I could easily press on the keyboard the key of starting letter of a field and navigate to the fields with that starting letter, on FM15 it just hangs at the first fields it finds, sometimes jumps from first to second it finds, kind of strange.

Let say I want to navigate to a field named "Saturn". On FM11 if I press on keyboard "S" it navigates to the fields starting with "S" every time I press it, I could even press fast enough "sa" and it will navigate on fields starting with "sa". This does not happen on FM15.

Is this a known issue, or should I look for some specific option on FM15?

Hello, this functionality is still there in FM15/16. If I type the name of a field (reasonably quickly) it will jump to the field matching what I have typed. I do have to click on one of the field names first before this will happen.

3 minutes ago, rwoods said:

Hello, this functionality is still there in FM15/16. If I type the name of a field (reasonably quickly) it will jump to the field matching what I have typed. I do have to click on one of the field names first before this will happen.

So you have no problems with that?

I do click on one of the fields first, that's a given. Starting to wonder if it is a keyboard related issue or Microsoft Windows

This topic is 2254 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.