Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 2251 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello there.

First of all im newbie in fm. I use the filemaker 16. I want to make a new base that keeps track of pages and especially registerstations and log ins. So i created 5 tables:

"sites, user_names, passowrds, emails and account_descripion) I linked the tables with relationships. I created a portal witch have fields from three different tables, a field user_name from table user_names, a field password form table passwords and a field email from emails table. When i insert the first line(raw) in the portal ιτ seems to work. but  if i try to insert values in the second line (say in a site you vave two accounts like facebook one ofiicial and the other one "a fake account") it seems that something is not working properly. I upload a 3m12sec video to show you what i mean. Please check it if you have the time.
Also, the source file that im working on is in this link (filemaker 16 file):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zW1jC6-dL1I9zEplo7Xw0dL3Wy8onKkl

Thanks for your time :)

Is this to keep track of your personal website accounts? Why not just use a password manager -- 1Password for example.

I don't know why you'd want to have more than one table for this. Each site would be a unique combination of name, password, email, and URL. Even if you had multiple facebook accounts, just create a new record and you're done. What am I missing?

Welcome to FM Forums.

PS: usually a screenshot is fine rather than a movie -- the resolution makes it hard to see. And you can use google drive if you like, but you can also just zip your file and post it here directly.

This topic is 2251 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.