Is it possible to use MirrorSync for sync two identical instances of FileMaker Cloud on the different AWS-sites?

This topic is 2213 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I have a strange question. I have an FMC instance in AWS-Frankfurt. It has deployed a database for users from Western Europe. By the way, they are very happy. However, there was a need to connect a certain number of new users from the Pacific region. If they connect to an existing instance in Frankfurt - there are problems with access time and speed of work, because in this case, users and servers are located on different ends of the globe. In addition, because of the large time difference, this requires around-the-clock work of the instance. This negatively affects the budget. I would like to try to deploy a second instance, identical to the first one, on a AWS-sites in Sydney or Tokyo, and synchronize them with each other. MirrorSync can work with FM Cloud - but I'm not sure that he can synchronize two instances at once. Can you dispel my doubts?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Our FileMaker Server to FileMaker server configuration type would accomplish this task. If you would like, we can set up a trial license for you. If you are interested in that, then I will need an email address to send the trial license info to. Also, I would like to note that for long distance syncs, XML is typically the better option, over JDBC.

This topic is 2213 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.