Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sub Table is not filtered

This topic is 2220 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone,

I am filtering the tables "projects" and "information" user based with XML in the customization script and this works fine.
The table "modifikation" is not filtered in the customization script at all.
(Please see attached relationship from the mirrorsync 4 client)

My problem is that all records from "modifikation" are synced now, even if the related record from "information" is not on the device ...

Because of my settings in the mirrorsync client I expected that only records are synced that are related to the found set of "information" .

Filtered.thumb.png.d0b7fa706c471ba07dbebe99653f5e6f.pngI am thankful for any idea :-)

Kind regards

Carsten

Try this to test your customization script: In FileMaker Pro, switch to the sync-Modifikation layout, find all records, then run the MirrorSync customization script with no parameters. It should filter your found set to just the records that need to be synced. If it doesn't, there is a problem with the customization script - try re-running with the script debugger enabled to see why it's not filtering.

I think I had a very basic misunderstanding problem here ... I thought that mirrorsync does somehow do it's own filtering based on the relationships which are set ... .
("only filter modification records that are connected to an information record")

All other tables in my database are filtered in the customization script based on the username, that is why that never was a problem before.

I added a non stored and non synced formula field to filter the "modification" table now and it works !
(A sync with no changes at all takes now 6 seconds)

Is there a faster / better solution for this perhaps ?

Edited by Carsten

This topic is 2220 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.