Error: FileMaker has a limit of 32,768 script steps

This topic is 2210 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I couldn't find the answer in the forum or docs. During configuration I received the error: "FileMaker has a limit of 32,768 script steps. This script contains 37,359 steps, which is 13% too large... You may skip this step if you are using JDBC (instead of XML)."

I've managed to reduce the number of tables being synced and bypass this error, although I would prefer to add a few tables back. I'm curious what "You may skip this step if your are using JDBC" means. I am using JDBC. What are my options for syncing more tables than restricted by the number of script steps in a single script?

Thanks!

error too large.png

Hey there,

Basically, when using XML, MirrorSync relies on the script steps to perform operations. When using JDBC on a server to server sync, I believe our script steps aren't being utilized at all as all communications occur over JDBC. However, for a Server to Pro/Go configuration, we do rely on script steps to hit FMPro/Go solutions (while using JDBC between the Server and MirrorSync).

If your sync is server to server, then you can ignore the inability to copy and paste these steps. Otherwise, we do have to respect that restriction. It's a limitation imposed by FileMaker as to how many steps you can have in one script. I'll see about modifying that prompt to provide a little more information on the nature of script steps' max capacity and MirrorSync. I've known of customers who also opt into breaking their configuration into 2 smaller configurations, though this can be complex. You'd have to make sure the tables in each configuration were not related to tables in the other configuration, as otherwise conflicts can occur. It's not a strategy we currently support, though I've seen it work. 

Hope this answers your question. If you want more clarification or want to pick our brain about something, please don't hesitate to email or call us at [email protected] / 770.234.9293!

• Thanks 1

This topic is 2210 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.