Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Newly created fields below current selection

This topic is 2214 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there a setting somewhere I can change so that when I create a new field in the Manage Database view, it drops immediately below the currently selected field?

At the moment it drops to the very bottom of the list and dragging it up is a time-consuming pain!

Thanks for any assistance

FMP15

Deselect the Preference to "Add newly defined fields to current layout," and use the "Field Picker" instead, that way you can drag the field to where you want it.

1888097691_Pref_AddFields.png.794e6e9286724f9b4a8b03c1ff6ea12b.png

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, what I mean is in the "fields" tab of the "Manage Database" window. I.e. when defining new fields in the File>Manage>Database (Ctrl+Shift+D) part of Filemaker.

When I enter a new field name and press "Create" it puts the new field at the bottom of the list in this window and dragging it back up past all fields already defined in the table is a chore.

It might not be possible to alter this.

Edited by Ninja

Now I see what you were referring to. These edit windows have been the same for ever and I hope that FMI will be changing this to what you want too.

It's a PIA, and you can help yourself a little bit some by using the "View by: menu, and the Sort by type option.

HTH

Lee

This topic is 2214 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.