Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Best practice printing mail?

This topic is 2172 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi there,

I have created a solid mail archiving database for a company: all company mail is server-side fetched and (auto-)related to running projects. So we are getting a huge database of e-mails..   In the system I have made an email-viewer to actually see an individual message and its attachments. Of course: it uses a webviewer, since most mails are html. And of course: individual mail messages should be printable.

Printing Filemaker webviewers - generally - seems to be a nasty thing. And even worse for printing mails: you have to print some fields containing the mail headers alongside the web viewer too, since the web viewer only contains the html-body part of the message.

I am very curious how you folks think this should be done, if you ever had to deal with this issue.  How to get Filemaker stored html-mail messages printable? What is the best practice?

Thanks!

You may be able to have a "print preview" layout where the web viewer is the size of the layout and displays the rendered HTML of the email. Then use the Print script step to print the layout. Definitely not the most elegant solution but might be viable.

This topic is 2172 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.