Specified and Default Printer not found by Print

This topic is 2139 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have several customers that utilize our MarinaPro Marina Dockage Management solution.  All are running Windows 10 Pro 64Bit and Filemaker Pro 11.0v2.

All the MarinaPro solutions are functioning well with exception to the one marina that is using an HP LaserJet Professional M1217nfw MFP printer.  The printer has been named "HP LaserJet".

The problem is that scripted reports will not print after an updated/revised solution is installed on the computer.  However, a test page can be printed from the Windows default printer.

Print scripts are utilized by more than one report and this sample is named -  "Master Portrait Printer | Current Record | All | 1 |" and is formatted as:
#Used by: Print Float Plan Form
#Used by: Toggle Printer Mode
#Portrait Orientation
#Print: Current Record | Print Range All | Copies: 1
Print [Restore: HP LaserJet; No dialog]

Filemaker Help states, "If you do not specify an output destination before saving the script or 'if the specified printer cannot be found' when the script executes, the 'output from the script step is sent to the user’s default' printer."

It appears that the "specified" printer is not being found and the output from the script is "not" being sent to the user's default printer.

However, if I "re-specify print options" and "Save" the script it will start working again.  And now I am unclear whether it is actually finding the FMP "specified" printer or the Windows "default" printer.

Any ideas why this occurs?

This topic is 2139 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.