Do Filemaker 17 databases need to be signed?

This topic is 2158 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I just got the below screenshot from a customer who is doing a bit of testing for me on Filemaker 17. I did a bit of testing with FM 17 myself but I didn't see such a warning. Do Filemaker 17 databases now count as apps and need to be signed?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Beatrix Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com

Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-24 um 12.22.04.png

This is a Preference problem. Open your System »» Security & Privacy »» General and you see the Allow apps downloaded from: 

You might have to unlock it by clicking on the padlock and entering the computer password 

HTH

Lee

• Newbies

Hi Lee Smith,

why should this be a preferences problem? This warning is for apps and since Sierra also for zip and dmg files. I have never seen this for a simple file. 

I'm a developer so I know how to sign my apps properly. The Filemaker file belongs to my app and is distributed to customers.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Beatrix Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com

Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals

Did you open the System Preference? Look at the popup, the icon even shows that it is the Security & Privacy and is telling you that it Doesn't Recognize the Developer. This part of the System protection.

• Newbies

Hi Lee Smith,

the screenshot was from my customer. The preferences is set to "App Store and identified developers" which looks okay. I am an identified developer.

Why does the message show up for a file? It should show up only for apps, dmgs and zips.

I tried to sign the Filemaker file but this is not possible (rejected source=obsolete resource envelope ).

Regards

Beatrix Willius

• Newbies

Looks like a permissions problem. I accidentally gave the file the wrong permissions. It's just strange that nobody complained about this before.

Thanks to Christian Schmitz.

Regards

Beatrix Willius

This topic is 2158 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.