Scribe DocAppend With Drop Down List

This topic is 2108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am working on a script that will build a document based on a value from a drop down list.

I have a layout that contains a Document Subtype. If a certain subtype is selected from the drop down list for this record, then I want my script to be able to pull from a specific container holding the appropriate document for that type. Then I can use Doc Append to combine the two documents. Each document would be custom then to the subtype.

I'm pretty new at FileMaker so I'm still trying to figure a lot of things out and still trying to understand how to put things together and why it will/will not work.

I was originally using Case but then I realized that was probably not the correct thing to do. It would either append both types of documents or one, but it wasn't always the correct one.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

If this helps, I want something that will do this:

If Subtype = a, b, or c, then append Doc 1

If subtype = d, e, or f, then append Doc 2

and so on...

Hi kims,

I can't speak on the scripting logic but I wanted to make sure you are aware that ScribeDocAppend is currently only compatible with Word documents. So you will only be able to append a Word doc to a Word doc. You may already know this but I wasn't sure from your description

This topic is 2108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.