Printing on dot matrix fx-890 FM16

Toni

This topic is 2081 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello

I am having trouble on printing a layout on a dot matrix printer Epson FX-890 with FileMaker16. The database runs on a server. The page is setup in "Letter" format but FileMaker interprets the width smaller than 216mm resulting in starting a new page. In preview mode it shows the truncated page (sth like 140mm x 279mm), if I change the paper format to "Letter fanfold" it shows correctly in Preview but still prints as if the width is 140mm.

I tried various drivers for the printer to no successful result.

The same layout printed correctly before on FileMaker11 on the same computer, the only difference is that FileMaker11 didn't run from server. Computer runs on Windows7 x86.

My guess is it is a problem of how FileMaker interacts with printer drivers. Anyone else has had trouble as described? Any possible solution?

Thank you

It's kinda of a trial and error thing.   I use an LQ590.  I had to create a custom paper size, a little smaller than the actual size I'm printing on.  Then look at your layout in layout mode, show margins, and make sure nothing is extending past the margins.

Oddly, the tickets printing I print are 11" wide and 5" tall, but I still had to select 'Portrait' for them to print correctly.

When I switched from 12 to 16 I had problems printing.  When I put both DB layouts side by side in layout mode, showing margins, the margins were the problem.  I even copy/pasted the exact layout from one DB to the other, and still had to adjust the margins to get it to work.

Thanks Steve

Hopefully I can solve it the way you did. Will come back and let you know with results.

This topic is 2081 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.