trying to connecting to imap inbound host

This topic is 2103 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

So I downloaded the 360Works Email plugin 3.08. The Inbound Host is imap.one.com and the port should be 993. I have typed these information: imap.one.com:993.

Problem/issue: I keep getting this errormessage: Unknown Error:-1. I know for sure that these settings combined with the ones I have put in Inbound Username and Inbound Password works with Mozilla Thunderbird and Outlook 2016. However the settings in these are SLL/TLS as well. I can not choose SLL/TLS with the email-plugin, so I have tried every possible alternative from none selected to all possible selected without any luck. I keep getting the same error.

And yes, I have also tried using other portnumbers as well. No luck.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

15 hours ago, ryan360Works said:

Hi Dorthe,

You can specify using SSL or TLS with the email plugin. To do so, pass in the parameter ssl=1 or tls=1 into the EmailConnectIMAP function call. 

Hi Ryan

Thank you for responding.

As I am using FileMaker Pro 17 Advanced my logic was that out of the two example files (360Works Email Plugin Examples.fmp12 and 360Works Email Plugin Examples_16+.fmp12) enclosed with the plugin I should use the last mentioned. It turns out that my logic was wrong. Using the first mentioned in stead I could connect.

To be sure I have just tried to connect with both files again, and the results were the same. 

Glad you were able to connect. The only difference between the two files is that the 16+ file calls the plugin functions as script steps instead of as calculations. If you were having an issue with the 16+ file and not the other then I suspect there may be an issue with script in the 16+. I will take a look and see what I can find. 

1 hour ago, ryan360Works said:

Glad you were able to connect. The only difference between the two files is that the 16+ file calls the plugin functions as script steps instead of as calculations. If you were having an issue with the 16+ file and not the other then I suspect there may be an issue with script in the 16+. I will take a look and see what I can find. 

Thank you, that would be great. Also I drop another topic in the 360Works Forum. Hope it was the right place.

Edited by Dorthe

On 7/19/2018 at 3:40 PM, ryan360Works said:

Just for your information Sean Kuhn wrote to me "it looks like the Secure Connection parameter is getting passed in as null no matter what". He wrote that he would pass the bug on to the developers to look into. He suggest to use the scripts from the regular file to establish the connection.

This topic is 2103 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.