Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Help for column symbols

This topic is 2085 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

For starters I want to say the FMPerception is a great tool.  I downloaded the trial and after 4 hours decided to buy.

One question I have is what do the different icons in the Quick Find column mean? Attached is a screenshot of the symbols I am getting in the "Quick Find" column of "Layout Objects (Flat)".   Obviously the red octagon with exclamation point means something bad, but it's not obvious what that is.  I have seen these icons on other reports and when analyzing 2-3 minutes i was easily able to find the issue, but not here.

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 07.16.17.png

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  Post DevCon, I've been sleeping for most of the last 10 hours.  🙂

Green - means that QuickFind is on, and the field is local to the TO for the layout, and stored.

Yellow - means that the value is stored, but is at least one relational step away form the context TO for this layout.  So, doing a QuickFind on this field will do a relational search.  If you have quickfind turned on for this layout, you should minimize these.

Red - means that the field in question is an unstored value (remote or otherwise), meaning that FileMaker must first calculate the value of this field for all recored (local or otherwise) before it can even begin doing a search.  As a general rule of thumb, you should never leave QuickFind activated on a field like this.

Note that these indicators pay no attention to if QuickFind is activated on the layout itself.  If QuickFind is turned off for the layout, you don't have to worry about these, unless you would like to turn QuickFind back on.

Does that make sense?

Thank you very much for the kind words,

Dave Ramsey

This topic is 2085 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.