Upgrade from MirrorSync 3 to 5

This topic is 2020 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Apologies if this is in any documentation, I couldn't find anything to specifically answer my questions so thought I would post here. 

I am planning to upgrade a MirrorSync install straight from v3.16 to v5.0. At the same time, I would be upgrading from FileMaker Server 14 to FMS16. The current configuration runs between FMS and FMGo spoke files, with changes made to the customization scripts. So my quick questions are:

a) Is MirrorSync 5 compatible with FMS16

b) Do I need to re-paste script steps and provide new Spoke files to all users after upgrade?

Also, any guidance or advice you can think of to help the upgrade of MirrorSync go as smoothly as possible would be gratefully received - it;s for a worldwide, 24hr client so downtime needs to be kept to a minimum!

Many thanks

Lewis

Hello Lewis,

To answer your questions:

A.  Yes, MirrorSync 5 is compatible with FMS16

B. Yes, switching from Version 3 to version 5, you would have to set up your configurations again, re-paste script steps, and send new spoke files to users. 

I have attached some useful notes regarding upgrading from version 3 to version 4, it would be the same for upgrading from version 3 to version 5.

In regards to upgrading, starting with MirrorSync 3's release, MirrorSync has been under a maintenance model with an annual renewal fee, licenses under maintenance are able to upgrade to later versions without any additional cost.  

If you have any more questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected]

Have a great day,

Warren - 360Works Licensing

IMPORTANT 4.0 update notes.txt

Edited by Warren
  • Thanks 1

Hi Warren,

Thank you so much for your speedy reply! And also for all that information, that's a really useful file and I'll definitely be following those instructions.

I have one last quick question re licencing but I'll send that via email as requested. 

Many thanks

Lewis

This topic is 2020 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.