Web Viewer displaying strange blue square

This topic is 629 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is a bit of a bizarre one which ate 90 minutes of my morning - so I thought I'd share it in case anyone else encounters it.

One of our FileMaker use cases has an embedded web viewer displaying a Google Sheet (it's a runtime Kiosk app but the same issue applies to FMPro). This worked well and the users could update the spreadsheet (a rota).

However this morning I noticed a strange bluey/grey overlay (see attachment). After quite a bit of digging it seems Adobe Flash is still installed in IE 11 and this was causing some form of issue.

I disabled Flash in Group Policy (gpedit.msc) and the problem went away. There are other ways of disabling it which should also work.

This was on Windows 10. I have now tested it on two machines so it should be fairly easily reproducible.

I assume it's somehow caused by the 2nd October update to the Flash control.

Anyway hope this helps if others have the same issue.

Blue Square.PNG

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This topic is 629 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ESpringer
      Dear FMForums folk,
      I'm a long-time personal user, building and working out of my own solutions. (I used to post here often, but for years now have been happily using rather than designing...)
      One of my databases uses FM web viewers as a front-end for my university's moodle (cms platform), tunneling in based on various URLs for students, assignments, etc. 
      In the past, a cms like moodle (and before it we had BlackBoard) would need me to authenticate once, and then all subsequent url queries within a session were served up properly, just as if I were using an ordinary browser.
      With more recent versions of moodle, suddenly authentication fails to survive any transitions at all (from one tab to another, from one record to another, toggling into layout mode and back). It's as if the browser session resets with every step of my workflow. 
      I've just upgraded to FM19 and delayed posting to see if that would help, but I'm still getting the constant authentication roadblocks. 
      What's preventing FileMaker from retaining authentication via PHP in the way that browsers do?
      (I'm running on Mac OS 10.14/Mojave, so it's emulating safari, yes? But Safari itself is having no trouble.)
      Many thanks for any ideas!

• By Kent Searight
      Hi,
      Does anyone know what error code 4101 means? It just started happening when I try to push an invoice to QuickBooks Desktop using the FM Books Connector plugin v12.0.0.2 (64 bit). The script was pushing invoices fine yesterday.
      The error messages appear when initiating a new request and also when adding related record requests (for the invoice lines). The plugin step returns the result 0, as does FMPA 18 if I do a Get ( LastError ), so neither FMPA nor the plugin seem to think there's an error.
      Also, I'm seeing a progress bar I've never seen before (see below). It displays for about 20 seconds. I never saw that before today.
      This is on Windows 10, QuickBooks Pro 2017, FMPA 18. All are up to date.
      I rebuilt the QB data file, ran the QB file doctor (which said no errors found).
      Any help is greatly appreciated.
      -Kent

• By jaboda
      Hi,
      This is a peculiar bug which seems to have appeared with a recent Chrome update.
      Create a Web Viewer control with the following content:
      "data:text/html,<html><body bgcolor=\"#EEEEEE\">HELLO</body></html>" Then view the layout in WebDirect in Chrome. You'll notice it doesn't display anything. Remove the bgcolor and it works as expected. It also works in FileMaker.
      There are numerous workarounds but I can't find out how to fix it.

Anyone else experienced this?
    • By Oyseka
      Hi All,
      I am viewing a records location through What3Words and the web viewer performs as expected on OS X 10.10.x and 10.11.x but when I put the file on OS X High Sierra the web viewer gives the error, "SSL Error, Unable to create a secure connection to the server". All connections are from the same location. Can anyone assist please
    • By TJ53
      I´m not sure why but the WV shows the correct result in some computers and devices, but in other just shows an empty page (please see attached file with WV including code).
      This is the result after testings:
      - It doesn't work on my Mac (10.11.06)
      - It works on my iPhone
      - It works on my iPad
      - I works on one of my colleague´s Mac (10.12 I believe)
      - It doesn't work on another collegue's Windows

I have attached the file with the wv, is this working for you? any clue why this is happening? any help would be very much appreciated!!

WV_Table.fmp12

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.