Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Low-Cost Hosting?

This topic is 1960 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I run a small, one-person business and would like to find a hosting solution for a few small, low-use databases. Mostly I just enter some customer charges and lookup passwords, at most three times a day. The cheapest I have found is $29/month and that is more than it is worth to me. Is there any solution out there for around $10/month?

Thanks,

Paul

The short answer is no. At least, not a hosting service I would rely on. Since FM 15 and newer, they can't even offer shared hosting services. That immediately raises the overall cost ( since you need to pay for a dedicated server or vm ).

Even with older ( FM 14 and earlier ) shared hosting services, the hosting provide has to cover both the cost of the servers, and the cost of the FMS license. It would be nearly impossible for them to cover base costs at $10/month. Especially if you are talking about more than one file.

You might be able to spin up an AWS instance for around that price. But you need to provide your own FMS license, and know how to secure the instance properly.

This topic is 1960 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.