Command Line - is it available

jrm

This topic is 1948 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Running FileMaker Pro 16 Advanced on a Mac (NOT Server). I currently have some databases set up to send data to a third party software to create barcode files. Data is imported into FMP and there are buttons that activate scripts. Everything is working fine.  My understanding is that FMP talks to the other software via AppleScript.

However, I may need to switch my third party solution and I cannot find anything that will do what I want via AppleScript. A few claim to work via Automator and one other seems to work via "Command Line" input.

My question is - can I send Command Line instructions from FMP 16? I have searched this forum and the internet in general and the only references I see to FMP and the Command Line are related to some functions on the Server version.

If FMP cannot directly access the command line on a Mac. If so, can you point me to a reference with information? If not, is there a way to access "Terminal" from a FMP script to send the necessary data/commands?

Thanks.

Edited by jrm

Thanks for the suggestion.I do have BaseElements installed. I ran into errors when trying to use it. Probably due to one or more syntax errors on my part. "do shell script" works perfectly for my needs, so I didn't bother to figure out what I was doing wrong with BE.

This topic is 1948 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.