Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Newbie dives into Charts plugin...

This topic is 1955 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello World! Very first post, cheerfully displaying a steaming pile of ignorance...

I'm trying to generate a simple pie chart and had to discard FMPro's charting solution as you can't set your own colors (frustrating and well documented). I purchased and installed 360Works Charts to ease my pain, hoping to minimize my coding time (I'm a relatively green, mediocre scripter, with loads of room for improvement). Their sample database is really cool, and offers way more flexibility than I need.  I've been spending most of the morning reverse engineering their setup, and frankly, I'm a little frustrated with the lack of a simple tutorial to get us Noob's up and running with a bare-bones chart. I've search youtube, here, and the web in general for some simple tutorials and found nada. 

It seems as tho the brunt of the code goes into the calculation field that calls the plugin and generates the chart (please correct me if I'm wrong). Could any of you guru's post a simple pie chart function with assignable colors? Something simple for me to pick through and slowly wrap my simple brain around?

This topic is 1955 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.