are they dates or timestamps?

This topic is 1952 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When I pull Modified Date from an AB record, it shows as a timestamp, but when I search (e.g., to find records that have changed since the last sync, even if that sync was today), the records yielded indicate that the system is only using midnight of the comparison date, not the full timestamp. Is this correct? And if so, how do I do fine searching for the right records, without having to first yield a found set and then filter them one-by-one? Thanks!

AB Search.png

Hi Brian, 

"Modified Date" is a date property. The plug-in will convert any timestamp to a date value when passing it to Address Book. If you need to look for records based on a specific time of the date, then you will do some parsing in FileMaker after the records have been pulled in from Address Book. 

Thank you. 

Thanks – this is not clear in the documentation. One would expect that as pulling the Modified Date yields a timestamp that the search would also work by timestamp.

There are actually quite a few shortcomings in both the Developer's Guide (where for example it indicates that the property "Phone" is "Phones" – see attached) and the Functions Guide I would hope that PC will work to remedy.

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 12.46.35.png

This topic is 1952 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.