Filemaker GO reautentication of external datasources after app in Background issue

This topic is 1914 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone, 
had this on the filemaker go section but moving this here, I guess that's where it rather belongs.

i am building a simple time logging app for our staff using the data separation model.

The interface file opens two other files, one with the time data the other one with the user information- all from our filemaker server 17.

While the interface file saves the user information to filemaker go and authenticates the user with face id when the user returns to the app, the two other data files pop up with "please authenticate" with username and password. In the keychain they also dont appear.

I was thinking about setting the fmauthenticate priviledge for these files or manually opening the linked files for each user and saving the credentials but both seems wrong. All passwords and user names for one user are the same by the way. 

Seems like I am missing a thought here why one password and username (for the interface file) is not enough .(

Checking this with other users that are just logging I found out that with them its a different file that requires authentication and which password is not saved. 

Also upon opening it requires me to put in the password for the individual files.

I think I am missing something here.

Thanks for your thoughts.

This topic is 1914 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.