Email a group from a FM DB

This topic is 1816 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello. Thanks for reading my request. 

I want to email a group from my file. (See attachment "Data Page"). Find the "email" field. 

I want to find a group from this page and then send an email to the found set.  I go to SEND, and then I get error messages about the server. 

Please help.  Thanks.

Max

Data Page.pdf

• Newbies

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced settings with your system administrator.

The server response was: Bad recipient address syntax

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.

Sending from: Max Morley <[email protected]>

Hi Max,

Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced settings with your system administrator.

The server response was: Bad recipient address syntax

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.

This doesn't look like any of our error messages. I suspect that whomever wrote the script catches errors and throws their own custom message. Regardless, it seems to indicate that one of your recipient's addresses is malformed. I recommend checking the list of recipients and making sure there aren't any malformed addresses. Typically this means that they follow the "[email protected]" paradigm and do not contain any special characters but what is considered proper might vary depending on the mail server.

Just to confirm, are you using ScriptMaster to send mail? If so, did you write the module or are you using the example module?

• Thanks 1

This topic is 1816 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.