How to reclaim a license from a Mac gone down

This topic is 1784 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello!

One of my Macs has gone down and the 360works plugin was registered to that computer.

So I suspect this is why I am getting the following errors:

1. inside FM / Preferences / Plugins / 360works / - you must have a network connection when you use this software for the first time
2. when I click a HTML layout button - the error is - 'Error registering 360works. You must have a network connection when you use this software for the first time

Does your activation server need to relinquish one of our licenses due to the Mac that has gone down?

Many thanks,

Jon Bessant

certitec.com

Hi Jon,

Our plugins require an internet connection so that they can "phone home" to our license server. Are you seeing this on the "down" Mac? If the machine you are seeing this issue on is not connected to the internet then you will need to connect it in order to register it 

48 minutes ago, Jon Bessant Certitec said:

Does your activation server need to relinquish one of our licenses due to the Mac that has gone down?

I checked our license server and do not see any current sessions with your license. License seats are only taken when FileMaker Pro is open and the plugin is enabled. If you were out of seats you would see a different error message. 

• Newbies

Thank you Ryan.

Yes - the Mac is 100% connected to the internet and no anti virus software installed.

One thing - I did copy the plugin from one computer via a USB disk onto the 'new' Mac. Maybe some permissions have become corrupted or something on the plugin file? Is there is a direct download for the plugin that you can provide me?

Many thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon, 

I don't think that would impact registration but just to cover all bases, it looks like you have an Email 1 license. The last version of Email 1, 1.99, can be downloaded here .

Do you have any network restrictions that could be keeping the plugin from reaching the license server? Firewall etc?

This topic is 1784 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.