FTPS Connection Problems

This topic is 1686 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Darren,

Do you know if your server uses a self signed certificate? If it does, then make sure that you use the parameter "ValidateServerCertificate=false" in the FTPeek_ConnectFTPS function call. If that does not resolve the issue, please add the parameter "LoggingLevel=DEBUG" in the connect function call, reproduce the issue and then send an email to [email protected] with a description of the issue, the error you are getting, and attach the log files. Make sure to attach and send the logs before any restarts of FileMaker as restarting will overwrite the logs. See this page for log locations. 

• 2 months later...

I have a similar problem with ftps. It is actually working fine  as long as I do it from the client, but when I do PSoS I get "java.net.SocketTimeoutException". I'm guessing it might be that ftps use another port which is not open in the server's firewall?

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I found elsewhere that the problem with FTPS in connection with firewalls is that it starts with secure communication and then negotiate the port where communication will continue, meaning that the firewall won't be able to detect the port. Apparently this is why FTPS is seen as an outdated technology and SFTP is recommended.

This topic is 1686 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.