sample scripts?

This topic is 1755 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi Guys

Are there any scribe *sample scripts for dummies* available ? I’m looking to export FM records containing some text fields and an image from a container into an .xlsx list incl. column titles.

Edited by Mike E. Koessler

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in reply. You can download the Scribe plugin from our store and demo it at no charge. Just go to https://360works.com/filemaker-pdf-plugin/ , click Download the current version, and you'll get a zip that includes plugins for Mac, Win, and FMC, some documentation, and a demo solution to try out the product called "How to use Scribe.fmp12". In it is an interface to test various functions, and you can access the scripts in the script workspace to reference how they work. We also have documentation at https://static.360works.com/plugins/Scribe/documentation.html to give you more detail on each function available with Scribe.

If you have any more questions or run into issues, let us know on this forum, or e-mail us directly at [email protected].

• Newbies

Hi

thanks for the feedback. I already downloaded and installed the demo plugin and looked at the how-to but i couldn't find a script or simple guide of how to export my records to excel. So i was wondering, if there is a sample script for my intended purpose? Seems a pretty basic function, though somewhat complicated for me to figure out, its why i asked for a dummy guide :)

Hello,

We don't currently have a function or demo script that imports batches of information from FileMaker to a .xlsx. You would have to call ScribeDocLoad on the Excel file you want to manipulate(like a template file), loop through ScribeDocWriteValue calls to write values to specific cells in the Excel file, and then call ScribeDocSaveFile or ScribeDocSaveContainer to save the edited file. You can also use ScribeDocSubstitute to replace placeholder values if they already exist in your template file.

If ever you'd like to hire a developer to expedite your process, we offer consultation services as well. I can put you in touch with our Project Coordinator to set that up, and we usually charge $185/hr.

Let me know if you're interested in pursuing consultation work, otherwise I would use the approach outlined above, and reference our docs at https://static.360works.com/plugins/Scribe/documentation.html. If you run into any issues or have questions in your development, please contact us at our support line([email protected]; 770-234-9293).

This topic is 1755 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.