Filemaker PSOS Locking up whole server

This topic is 1693 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Good Morning,

We currently have a FM17 server set up,  Over the past few months we seem to be having issues with PSOS,  At first I thought this was one single script causing issues but after converting it to a client side script, other scripts keep popping up with the same issue.  It runs, and never ends as seen by the image below.  

The script is stuck, has been running for 21 minutes and whilst stuck like this is preventing any other PSOS's from running.  Trying to disconnect the user does not work at all requiring us to reboot the server to get everything moving.  The script in question is very simple as also seen below.  The server has been re-installed fresh with new configs generated but that also did not resolve the problem.

https://prntscr.com/p164q2 - Script shown as user running for 21 minutes,  

http://prntscr.com/p165pu - Script code

Any help into why this might be happening would be appreciated! 

I experienced something similar with FMS16. I was calling PSOS  and after 30 or so runs the FMS script engine fell over and needed a restart.  It never locked up the whole server though.

Eventually I traced it down to using the Save As PDF during the PSOS, because when I removed the PDF generation then there was no failure..

Because I still needed the ability to run PSOS I built a server side "robot" to perform the scripting - thereby removing the PSOS from the whole scenario. The server side robot calls the script using standard method.

As I say, it only appears to affect PSOS calls that involve a Save As PDF - everything else seems fine.

Try using the command line tools to restart FMSE rather than reboot the server.

• Newbies

So in our case,  This has been happening with scripts that do not include Save As PDF's  as initially it startted happening in one of our comment scripts,  so we converted that to client side, then with a change status script so we converted that to client too, then we got fed up and came here hoping to get some insight! 

Thanks for the reply

This topic is 1693 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.