Importing data from hosted file fails with error 100 (File is Missing)

This topic is 1685 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All

Apparently FMI knows about this, and their advice is as follows

Error 100: "File not found" when importing records from a file hosted on FileMaker Server

FileMaker Inc has identified an issue importing records under the following conditions:

• the source of the import is a FileMaker database (.fmp12) hosted on FileMaker Server
  • that copy of FileMaker Server uses an invalid or expired SSL certificate

As a result, the import will fail with the following error:

"The file <filename.fmp12> could not found and is required to complete this operation."

RESOLUTION:

Contact the server administrator to install a valid SSL certificate for FileMaker Server. See FileMaker Network Security and SSL - Overview for instructions.

The problem for me is I don't have an SSL certificate and am using the in-built FM certificate. I would have thought the in-built certificate would at least let me import from the hosted file, especially as I did this from the desktop of the server.

The script doing the import has not changed for many years and still runs fine on pre-18 servers.

Other than purchasing an SSL has anyone get a solution, without resorting to downloading the hosted files and running locally (I'm trying to avoid that step).

Thanks

This topic is 1685 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.